At Your First Appointment
At our office, our goal is to create smiles first, then better oral health. We encourage you to discuss your wants and needs with us during your first visit, so that we can fully understand your goals and help you enjoy an attractive, healthy smile that lasts a lifetime.
At your first visit, Dr. Anderson will conduct a thorough examination of your teeth and gums, including:
- Evaluation of each tooth for decay (cavities), cracks, and other problems
- Oral cancer screening
- Assessment for gingivitis and gum disease
- Identification of factors that can cause your oral health to deteriorate
We will take x-rays and conduct any other testing necessary to fully diagnose your dental condition. If you require a cleaning, and no gum disease is present, it can be scheduled with this visit if you wish.
*If you have x-rays from a previous dentist, then new x-rays may not be necessary. Please discuss this with our office before your visit if you have had any dental x-rays in the last three years.
For treatment beyond cleanings, Dr. Anderson will create multiple options for your treatment to choose from with a conservative, non-invasive philosophy of care. While Dr. Anderson can recommend the ideal option, she understands that each patient has his/her own goals, time limitations, and financial situations. Ultimately, the final decision is up to you, and we will work with you to make the option you choose a reality.
At the end of your visit, you will be given written descriptions of any needed treatment, financial arrangements that work for your budget, and appointments. If you have any paperwork for us to fill out (eg: for the Head Start program, or for your military requirements), we will happily complete that for you as well.
What to bring to your first visit:
- A Complete list of your current medications and nutritional supplements
- A list of questions you want answered
- Any dental insurance cards you may have. Of course, we happily accept patients with or without insurance!